TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The Alabama women’s basketball team returns home to take on top-ranked South Carolina in a lunchtime contest Sunday at the Coleman Coliseum. The Crimson Tide and Gamecocks tip at noon CT on ESPN2.
- Alabama (16-5, 5-3 SEC) vs. South Carolina (20-0, 8-0 SEC)
- Series History: 46th meeting vs. Gamecocks (South Carolina leads 30-15)
how to follow
- Pam Ward (play-by-play) and Stephanie White (analyst)
- Roger Hoover (play-by-play) on call
- Updates will be posted on the team’s official Twitter account, @AlabamaWBB
About the tide
- For the second year in a row, UA enters the competition in 24th placeth in the NET ranking
- The Crimson Tide picked up a huge road win, defeating #RV/24 Arkansas 69-66 thanks to a late three-pointer from Hannah Barbier
- The win marked their fifth win over conference opponents this season
- UA will face its third straight team and second team in three games in the AP Poll when it hosts No. 1/1 South Carolina on Sunday, according to the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association
- Alabama continues to pace the conference in three-point shooting, ranking eighth nationally and first in the SEC in three-point percentage (38.0).
- The Tide also ranks at number 10th national and first in league play at three points per game (8.9)
- jada rice the tide in blocks of 52 progresses to rank 10 this seasonth nationwide, averaging 2.48 blocks per game, which ranks 11thth national
- Aaliyah Nye leads the SEC and ranks 13thth in the NCAA for three percentage points and shot 44.3 percent from beyond the arc
- Brittany Davis leads the team in three categories by driving the tide in points (17.5 ppg), rebounds (6.5 rpg), and steals (1.7 ppg).
- With 2.7 assists per game, Barber leads Alabama in this category
The fighting cocks
- Defending champions and top program South Carolina go into Sunday’s game with a 20-0 record that includes eight wins against SEC opponents
- South Carolina leads the all-time streak between the two teams 30-15, with Alabama’s last win coming in the 2007-08 season
- The Gamecocks have won 26 straight games, including last year’s national championship
- USC leads the country in blocks per game (9.8), field goal defense percentage (28.7), rebound margin (22.6), goal margin (37.2), and three-point defense percentage ( 22.1) on.
- Additionally, South Carolina ranks second in both offensive rebounds per game (18.4) and total rebounds per game (51.1), while it ranks third in defensive rebounds per game (32.7). .
- Aliyah Boston is fifth in doubles doubles this season with 13, while Kamilla Cardoso is 16thth in offensive boards per game (3.8)
- Zia Cooke leads the team in points (15.8 ppg) while Boston averages 9.7 rebounds per game and 1.9 blocks per game
- Raven Johnson averages 3.4 assists per game and 1.3 steals per game as the team leader
For the latest information on the team, follow AlabamaWBB on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. For general esports news, follow UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.