NASSAU, Bahamas – The Alabama women’s basketball team is in Nassau, Bahamas for two games over a three-day period at the Pink Flamingo Championship at the Baha Mar Convention, Arts & Entertainment Center. The Crimson Tide opens the event on Monday at 1:30pm CT against the 25th/24th ranked Utah Utes before taking on Wake Forest on Wednesday at 10am CT.
- Alabama (2-1) vs. Utah (4-0) – Match Notes
- Alabama (2-1 vs. Wake Forest (3-1)
- Series History: Third Meeting Against the Utes | First meeting against the Demon Deacons
how to follow
- FloHoops ($) – Sam Hyman and Ashlee Jones
- Watch Live ($)
- Live Stats
- Listen to CTSN Live (Grey Robertston on call)
- Updates will be posted on the team’s official Twitter account, @AlabamaWBB
About the tide
- Alabama enters the Baha Mar Pink Flamingo Championship with a 2-1 record, including wins over Alabama A&M and at Tulane
- The Crimson Tide has suffered a loss in South Florida
- JaMya Mingo-Young and Hannah Barbier combined to score 25 of the team’s 59 points while the combination shot 50 percent from the floor (9 of 18) and 66.7 percent (6 of 9) from beyond the arc in South Florida
- Mingo-Young scored her first game in double figures this season against the Bulls, finishing with 14 points while Barber contributed 11 points
- Aaliyah Nye added her first double-digit game with her 10 points and five rebounds in 23 minutes off the bench
- Alabama kept USF at its lowest shooting percentage of the season, with the Bulls shooting 37.9 percent from the ground and 30.4 percent from beyond the arc
- In the opening week of the campaign Brittany Davis paced the Tide with 50 points through the first two games, including a 24-point, 11-rebound performance at Tulane
- Davis averages 18.3 points per game, including .500 from long range (12 of 24) and 4.82 percent from the floor (18 of 37).
- Alabama takes on No. 25/24 Utah for the third time in series history, with both teams claiming a win on their home court
- It is the first meeting between the Crimson Tide and the Demon Deacons
- The Utes enter the game No. 25 in the AP poll and No. 24 by USA TODAY Sports/WBCA
- Utah started the season on a 4-0 run and set a school record for points with their 124-78 win over No. 16 Oklahoma
- The Utes are second in the nation in points per game with an average of 102.0 this season.
- UU’s Gianna Kneepkens has been waitlisted for the Naismith Award and the Cheryl Miller Award, while Alissa Pili has been watchlisted for the Katrina McClain Award
- Pili leads the Utes with an average of 18 points per game and 6.8 rebounds per game this season
- Wake Forest enters the tournament with a 3-1 record and a 70-45 win over Mercer
- Jewel Spear was added to the Wooden Awards Watch List
- Spear has accumulated 65 points this season, averaging 16.3 points per game
- Demeara Hinds leads the Deacs off the glass and ranks second among the Power 5 players for total offensive rebounds (19) and fifth nationally for total rebounds (39).
For the latest information on the team, follow AlabamaWBB on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. For general esports news, follow UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.