| The Crimson Tide welcomes standout prep golfers Luke Coyle, Jack Mitchell and Tristin Wisener
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama Men’s Golf Coach Jay Seawell announced Monday that Luke Coyle, Jack Mitchell and Tristin Wisener have signed national letters of intent and will join the Crimson Tide program for the 2023-24 season.
The trio have all had excellent preparatory careers and are expected to contribute directly to the program for years to come.
Luke Coyle | Campbellsville, Kentucky | Taylor County HS
- Played golf on the varsity team under head coach Todd Polston for the seventh time
- 2021 Second Team Rolex All-American
- Named Mr. Golf in the State of Kentucky for consecutive years (2021 and 2022).
- Awarded All-State Performer honors in five of his six years at Taylor County High School
- Helped lead his team to consecutive Kentucky State Golf Championships and win titles in 2019 and 2020
- Individually, he finished third in 2019 and second in 2021
- Won the 2021 AJGA All-Star Invitational
- Seventh overall in the Boys Junior PGA Championship with 72 holes of 285 overall (68-69-75-73)
- Fourth place at the 2021 Bobby Chapman Invitational with a 208 (71-66-71)
- Also had a seventh place finish at the Barbasol Junior Championship after carding a 131 (75-66).
- Maintains a 4.0 GPA
Jay Seawell about Luke Coyle: “Luke is really the first prospect we’ve identified post-Covid and we’re delighted to have him on board. I love his competitive fire and he has a very high ceiling. He hails from the state of Kentucky, which has been very good to us somewhere in the past, and I’m excited to welcome another of the best golfers in the state.”
Jack Mitchell | Athens, Ala.| James Clemens HS
- Played high school golf under head coach Matt Noah at James Clemens High School
- Ranked #1 junior in the state by the Alabama Golf Association
- Took the 7A boys’ singles title in 2022 after carding an 8-under-par 136 (68-68).
- Named to the 2022 AHSAA Boys All-State Team
- Won the 2022 Alabama Boys State Junior Championship by a 54-hole score of 18 under par 198 (67 = 69-62)
- His third-round result of 10-under 62 was the lowest tournament result of his career
- Claimed the 2021 Elite Invitational, played at Pinehurst Country Club, with a three-day total of 2-under-208
- Third place finish at the Lee Hodges Classic on a 36 hole score of 7 under 137 (68-69)
- Qualified for the 2022 US Boys Amateur Championship at Bandon Dunes
- Also earned a spot at the 2022 US Amateur Four-Ball Championship
Jay Seawell to Jack Mitchell: “We are delighted to have Jack on board with us. He’s our Alabama State Champion, which I think is a really big deal. We’ve had a lot of former state champions play for us who eventually went on to big things and I think Jack is capable of doing the same.”
Tristin Wiseer | Hartselle, Ala. | Hartsel HS
- Played on Hartselle High School’s boys golf team since seventh grade under head coach Will Lang
- 2021 and 2022 First Team All-State Performer
- Finished fourth in the Future Masters with a total of 208 (71-70-67) over three rounds, winning the 15-16 age group
- Medalists in four of the team’s eight tournaments in 2021
- Finished fourth at the Future Masters and won the age group (15-16) – 1-under par 71-70-67
- Also claimed victories in the constituent states and sub-states
- Finished fourth at the 2021 Alabama State Junior Am and finished 54 holes 8 under par
- Consecutive top 5 finishes at the Huntsville Junior AJGA, finished second in 2021 and fourth in 2022
- Received a 3.9 grade point average and was a member of the National Honor Society
Jay Seawell to Tristin Weiser: “I’ve known Tristin for a long time. He is another former camper who will now be part of our program. I’ve loved watching his game evolve over the years. He will be a great addition to our team and we are delighted to have him as part of the program.”
For the latest on the team, follow @AlabamaMGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. For general esports news, follow @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.