Judge says count may proceed

STAND TONIGHT. Tim. Well, Jan, I know, John, but tonight it’s a very long process that’s happening behind me. THE STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVE BUILDING. THESE TEAMS WORKING ON THE POSTCOUNT HAD TO COUNT ALL THE VOTES THEN COUNT THEM FOR EACH PARTY AND NOW GO VOTE BY VOTE COUNTING EVERYONE IN EACH CHALLENGED. THEN TO UNDERGO FURTHER VERIFICATION. BUT EVERYTHING IS INTERESTING. INTERESTING. THIS RACE COULD BE CRITICAL IN DETERMINING WHICH PARTY WILL CONTROL NEW HAMPSHIRE HOUSE. IT SURROUNDS MANCHESTER’S WARD SIX HEADQUARTERS ON ELECTION NIGHT. REP. LARRY GAFFNEY WON THAT SEAT BUT HE LOST LAST WEEK IN A ONE VOTE COUNT TO DEMOCRATIC CHALLENGER MAXINE MOSELEY. BUT EXTERNAL SECRETARY DAVID SCANLAN NOTED THAT AN AUDIT DETECTED EVIDENCE OF AN ADMINISTRATION ERROR IN THE POSTAL COUNT INDICATING THAT NOT ALL VOTES WISH SCANLAN THEN WANTED TO REOPEN IN THE POSTAL COUNT TO OBTAIN A STEP WHICH WAS SOMELY BACKWEIGHTED. DEMOCRATS WHO SAID SCANLAN HAD NO RIGHT TO THE DO OVER. HOWEVER, TODAY THE JUDGE OF THE HIGHER COURT RULED THAT THIS STORY CAN INACTLY GO ON. HERE WE ARE WAITING FOR THESE RESULTS TONIGHT. We were told it will take some time. YOU’VE BEEN COUNTING THIS FOR SEVERAL HOURS TODAY, NATURALLY STAY HERE AND KEEP AT IT. AND WE WILL BRING YOU ALL THE UPDATES AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE

Recount in race for New Hampshire House seat continues following judge’s decision

The Democrats had spoken out against the continuation of the recount

A Supreme Court judge ruled on Tuesday that a recount of a New Hampshire State Representative seat in Manchester can proceed. Judge Amy Ignatius ruled that the Manchester Ward 6 seat recount can proceed. The Democrats from New Hampshire had spoken out against the move. The recount showed the Democratic challenger won by a vote, and Democrats said state law cannot resume a recount once it is complete. But the judge said in the decision that “the greatest weight must be given to the full and lawful count of the votes in order to determine the will of the people.” The new recount began Tuesday afternoon. The teams in the State Records and Archives building first counted the ballots and then divided them into groups of 25. They then began voting to see who won the New Hampshire home. Republican Rep. Larry Gagne won on election night. But in a recount last week, he lost by a vote to Democratic challenger Maxine Mosley. Secretary of State David Scanlan then found that an audit had uncovered evidence of an administrative error in the recount which indicated that not all ballots were counted. Scanlan wanted to reopen the recount, a move rejected by Democrats, who said Scanlan had no legal authority to recount. The state’s Democratic Party released a statement on the ruling: “One thing is clear from this decision – Secretary Scanlan acted outside the law. From the beginning, this case was about the integrity of our elections. The courts agreed with our arguments that the Secretary of State was disobeying the statutes, exceeding his statutory powers and should not have appealed for an additional recount. “That is why we are so disappointed that the Merrimack Superior Court is finding this an exceptional circumstance and is now allowing a second recount after the Foreign Secretary declared a winner in the Manchester Ward 6 race eight days ago. “Throughout the process we have maintained that New Hampshire’s electoral laws do not allow anyone, be it a political party or the secretary of state, to conduct recount after recount until they get the desired result.”We will be evaluating our options in the coming days, but Democrats out.” New Hampshire will be there for the next round of recounts in the Ward 6 race, and regardless of the courts’ decision today, we will never stop fighting for the integrity of our elections.” Republican Gov. Chris Sununu also released a statement on the verdict: “In an attempt to undermine the will of Manchester Ward 6 voters digging, New Hampshire’s Democratic leaders committed appalling, hypocritical and outrageous behavior to prevent all legal votes from being counted,” Gov. Chris Sununu said. I thank Minister Scanlan and the Court for protecting the integrity of our elections and ensuring that voters’ voices are fully reflected.” The recount is expected to take several hours.

A Supreme Court judge ruled on Tuesday that a recount of a New Hampshire state representative seat in Manchester can go forward.

Judge Amy Ignatius ruled that the Manchester Ward 6 seat recount can proceed.

The Democrats from New Hampshire had spoken out against it. The recount showed the Democratic challenger won by a vote, and Democrats said under state law, once a recount is complete, it cannot be resumed.

But the judge said in the ruling that “the full and lawful count of votes to determine the will of the people must be given the greatest weight.”

The new recount began Tuesday afternoon. Teams at the State Records and Archives building first counted the ballots and then divided them into groups of 25. Then they started taking vote after vote to see who won the race.

The race could be decisive in determining which party will take control of the New Hampshire House. Republican Rep. Larry Gagne won on election night. But in a recount last week, he lost by a vote to Democratic challenger Maxine Mosley.

Secretary of State David Scanlan then noted that an audit had uncovered evidence of an administrative error in the recount, which indicated that not all ballots were counted. Scanlan wanted to reopen the recount, a move pushed back by Democrats, who said Scanlan had no legal authority to recount.

The state-run Democratic Party released a statement on the verdict:

β€œOne thing is clear from this decision – Secretary of State Scanlan acted outside the law. From the beginning, this case was about the integrity of our elections. The courts agreed with our arguments that the Secretary of State disobeyed the statutes and exceeded his legal authority, and should not have taken the action of demanding an additional recount.

“That is why we are so disappointed that the Merrimack Superior Court finds this an exceptional circumstance and will now allow a second recount after the Foreign Secretary declared a winner in the Manchester Ward 6 race eight days ago.

“During this process, we have maintained that New Hampshire’s electoral laws do not allow anyone, be it a political party or the secretary of state, to conduct recount after recount until they have achieved the desired result.

“We will evaluate our options in the coming days, but New Hampshire Democrats will be there for the next round of recounts in the Ward 6 race, and regardless of the courts’ decision today, we will never stop fighting for the integrity of our elections.” . “

Republican Gov. Chris Sununu also released a statement on the ruling:

“In an attempt to undermine the will of Manchester Ward 6 voters, New Hampshire Democratic leaders have engaged in appalling, hypocritical and outrageous behavior to prevent all legal votes from being counted,” Gov. Chris Sununu said. “I thank Minister Scanlan and the Court for protecting the integrity of our elections and ensuring that voters’ voices are fully reflected.”

The recount is expected to take several hours.

Source