RV/RV USF 75, New Hampshire 57
USF (6-0), New Hampshire (2-4)
Tuesday, 11/22/2022 | 7 p.m. | ESPN+
Tampa, Florida | Yuengling Center
TAMPA (November 22, 2022) — The University of South Florida women’s basketball team posted a career-high 26 points and 10 rebounds Karl Brito and 15 points and 12 rebounds out Dulcy Fankam Menjiadeu as the Bulls defeated New Hampshire 75-57 to win the season for the sixth straight season. It’s South Florida’s first 6-0 start since the 2016-17 season, when the Bulls started the season 8-0, the best start in program history. The Wildcats drop to 2-4 a year.
Sammie Puisis joined Brito and Fankam Mendjiadeu, scoring double digits with 11 points.
Brito and Fankam Mendjiadeu continued their hot shooting off the field against New Hampshire. The tandem that entered the competition 75 percent and 52.8 percent from the floor, respectively, shot 65.4 percent. That night, Brito scored 62.5 percent (10-16) of her shots, while Fankam Mendjiadeu shot at 70 percent (7-10).
South Florida led 36-26 at the break and extended their lead to 18 points, 53-35, with three minutes left in the third quarter with two free throws Daniela Gonzales. The Bulls didn’t look back for the rest of the night.
In the fourth quarter, Green and Gold extended their lead to as much as 22 points, 71-49, with just over 90 seconds remaining in contention for a Gonzalez three-pointer.
- Tuesday’s starters for the Bulls were: G Janette ArnioG Aerial WilsonG Sammie Puisisf Karl Brito and F Dulcy Fankam Menjiadeu … the Bulls are 1-0 with this line-up.
- South Florida’s win over New Hampshire takes the Bulls’ record against the Wildcats to an all-time 4-0.
- Dulcy Fankam Mendjiadeus 15 points and 12 rebounds mark her 35thth Career double-double and her 10thth in a South Florida uniform.
- Fankam Mendjiadeu’s 15 points mark her 13thth Outing of 20 points or more and her fifth with the Bulls.
- Carla Britos 26 points marks a new career high, beating her previous career high of 14 against Morehead State on Nov. 7.
- Brito’s 26 points and 10 rebounds mark her second career double-double and her second straight double-double after posting 11 points and 10 rebounds at TCU on Nov. 20…Her 10 boards also equates to her career high.
- Brito also followed on the defensive end of the floor and set a career high with three steals.
- Daniela Gonzalez seven points is a new career high and her five rebounds is a career high.
- Janette Arnio made her first career start tonight against New Hampshire.
South Florida takes to the streets for five straight games beginning Friday at the Gulf Coast Showcase in Ft. Myers Hertz Arena. The Bulls face Georgia Tech at 7:30 p.m. Friday and then face either Michigan or the Air Force on Saturday. Sunday’s game will be played against either Baylor, Belmont, Buffalo or Villanova.
Catch the Bulls on Bulls Unlimited & ESPN+
The majority of USF’s regular season games are streamed live on the ESPN+ platform. The American Athletic Conference and ESPN have entered into a new 12-year television rights agreement that began in 2020-21. Subscriptions to the ESPN+ app are $6.99 monthly or $69.99 annually and can be bundled with Hulu and Disney+ streaming services. A step-by-step guide to subscribing to ESPN+ can be found here.
In addition, all of this season’s games will be streamed live on USF Bulls Unlimited, with Darek Sharp (home and away games) and Brigid Merenda (home games only) telephoning. Available via the free Tune In app (search “Bulls Unlimited”), Bulls Unlimited offers noise-free quality whether you’re listening on your streaming device, laptop or desktop.
About USF women’s basketball
To keep up with the latest USF women’s basketball news, follow the Bulls on social media (Twitter | Facebook | Instagram).
South Florida recorded its 10thth 20-win season during the 2021-22 campaign while playing in his sixth American Athletic Conference championship game in his nine years in the conference. Reached the cops her highest national finish of the season when she checked in 13th in the Associated Press Top 25 poll dated November 30, and advanced to her seventh NCAA tournament appearance in the past nine years.
USF has made 17 postseason tournament appearances and has had eight NCAA tournament berths as a head coach Jose Fernandez22 seasons. Fernandez, the most successful coach of all time in program history, has led USF to 10 seasons with 20 wins, two WNIT Final Four appearances and the 2009 WNIT Championship, and won over 400 career games. Fernandez was named a finalist for the WBCA and a semi-finalist for the Naismith National Coach of the Year Awards. He was also named the 2021 American Athletic Conference Coach of the Year at the end of the 2020-21 season.
In 2021-22, the Bulls had three players recognized for impressive playing times by The American, including Elena Tsineke (All-Conference First Team), Bethy Mununga (All-Conference Second Team) and Dulcy Fankam Menjiadeu (All-Conference Second Team).
In addition, Tsineke and Mununga were named to the American Athletic Conference All-Tournament Team.
– #GoBulls –