Boston University (2-2) vs. St. Francis Brooklyn (1-4)
Date & Time: Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 1 p.m
Venue: “The Roof” at Case Gym, Boston, Mass.
Twitter: @BUGameDay | @TerrierWBB
Rosters: BU | St Francis Brooklyn
Schedule: BU | St Francis Brooklyn
BOSTON- Ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday, Boston University’s women’s basketball program welcomes St. Francis Brooklyn to The Roof on Wednesday (Nov. 23). The opening tip is scheduled for 1 p.m
BU are vying for their third straight win and second home win this season. In BU’s last two wins, the average winning margin has been 24 points at 68 points per game.
St. Francis Brooklyn is trying to end its four-game losing streak and earn its first win against a Division I opponent of the year. The terriers are currently 0:2 on the road.
Wednesday is Fansgiving at Case Gym. Fans can enter to win prizes like Amazon and Starbucks gift cards at the game, just in time for the holidays.
- BU picked up its first win of the year at The Roof, defeating Hartford 73-45 on Nov. 19.
- Four terriers scored double digits, led by Junior Caitlin Weimars 15 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks.
- second grader Lauren Davenport Career-bests with 12 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
- senior citizens Maggie Pine and Syd Johnson added 11 and 10 points respectively. classmate Maren Durant Added 10 boards.
- BU assisted on 25 of his 30 field goals and won the rebounding edge 48-28.
- After averaging 16.5 points, 11.5 rebounds and three blocks per game with a shot rate of 68.2 percent, Weimar was named Patriot League Player of the Week on Monday (November 21).
- Weimar ranks in the top 20 nationally with three double-doubles (T-7th), 2.75 blocks per game (16th), and 11 blocks (T-18th).
- As a team, BU is sixth in the nation with seven blocks per game.
- The Terriers have 67 assists on 95 field goals, a 70.5 percent ratio that is the highest among Patriot League teams.
- Since last season, Johnson has scored 10 or more points in 22 of their last 23 games, averaging 15.6 points at that stretch.
- Pina ranks third in the Patriot League with two three-pointers per game. With 143 triples currently scored, she needs another three-pointer to equal 10th all-time at BU in career three-pointers with Alison Argentieri ’03 and six to match Cheri Raffo ’08 in ninth place.
- Wednesday is the last home game for the Terriers before they play four of their next five games away.
SCOUTING ST. FRANCIS BROOKLYN
- St. Francis Brooklyn go into the match of the year 4-1, their only win coming in the season opener against Division III opponents Old Westbury.
- The Terriers have lost four straight games, most recently a 64-59 setback against UMBC on November 20.
- Wednesday marks the first of five straight road games for St. Francis Brooklyn.
- Alyssa Fisher and Ella Ogier are averaging double digits at 16.8 and 10.4 points per game, respectively.
- The Terriers shoot from distance just 26.2 percent but have forced their opponents to flip the ball more than 19 times per game.
- St. Francis Brooklyn was expected to finish third in the NEC Preseason Poll after setting a program record with 13 wins in conference play and finishing second in the NEC tournament with a 17-10 overall win.
- The Terriers fell to Bryant in the quarterfinals.
- Wednesday marks the first ever meeting between BU and St. Francis Brooklyn.
- This is BU’s second of two opponents it will face for the first time this season, with the University of Miami being the other on November 13th.
- It is also BU’s first game against an opponent with the Terriers as their mascot. Currently, BU, St. Francis Brooklyn and Wofford are the only Division I schools with terrier mascots, making the terrier the third most common dog breed used as a mascot (excluding wolves).
- BU begins Sunday (Nov. 27) in New Hampshire with a three-game road stretch. The opening tip is scheduled for 1 p.m